HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!
or happy new year depending on where you are in the world!!
or happy new year depending on where you are in the world!!
This year has been pretty stressful for me, to be honest, but I'm hoping that 2014 will be a lot better. And I hope it ends up being a wonderful year for all of you guys too <33 My new years resolutions are the same as every year; I want to get a job and I want to lose weight. That's basically all I want to do. Oh, and travel somewhere outside of the country.
Now, the fun bit: STATS!! (I'm not even going to lie, this is one of my favourite things about the end of the year.)
1306 episodes of television.
Most played song: Something I Need - OneRepublic
Most played artist: James Arthur
Most played band: OneRepublic
Most watched shows:
[i've watched forty-four different shows this year. help.]
- The X Files (134 episodes)
- Parks and Recreation (93 episodes)
- Parenthood (79 episodes)
- Raising Hope (76 episodes)
- Cougar Town (74 episodes)
- Castle (71 episodes)
- Veronica Mars (64 episodes)
- New Girl (60 episodes)
- Modern Family (59 episodes)
- Lie To Me (48 episodes)
- House of Lies (36 episodes)
- Chicago Fire (34 episodes)
- How I Met Your Mother (28 episodes)
- Don't Trust the B- in Apartment 23 (27 episodes)
- Grey's Anatomy (27 episodes)
- Nashville (26 episodes)
- Golden Girls (25 episodes)
- Criminal Minds (24 episodes)
- Elementary (24 episodes)
- Once Upon a Time (23 episodes)
- Scandal (23 episodes)
- The Good Wife (22 episodes)
- Rizzoli and Isles (20 episodes)
- NCIS (18 episodes)
- Suits (15 episodes)
- Community (13 episodes)
- Hannibal (13 episodes)
- Luther (13 episodes)
- Orange is the New Black (13 episodes)
- Masters of Sex (12 episodes)
- Go On (11 episodes)
- Sleepy Hollow (11 episodes)
- The Fosters (10 episodes)
- Agents of Shield (10 episodes)
- Orphan Black (10 episodes)
- Downton Abbey (9 episodes)
- Broadchurch (7 episodes)
- Bunheads (7 episodes)
- Revolution (7 episodes)
- Unforgettable (7 episodes)
- Glee (6 episodes)
- Heroes (6 episodes)
- Sherlock (6 episodes)
- Miranda (5 episodes)
- Bones (1 episode)
- 8 of my top 10 watched shows were new to me this year (I'm counting The X Files in this as it was a marathon carried over from last year). The only two which I'd watched previously were Castle and Lie To Me.
- I watched 16 new shows in 2013.
- Two of my shows were cancelled: Go On and Bunheads. (FYI, they were both a++++ shows which should never have been taken away.)
- The X Files is the only show which remained in my top 5 from 2012.
- 13 of these shows were completely new to me this year.
My goals for next year:
- 750 episodes
- 75 films
- 15 books
My book goal is much lower than it was last year, but still more than I managed to read this year, so *fingers crossed*, I'll manage 15 books in 2014.
[fandom meme]Fandom Meme
Your main fandom of the year?
Castle. Runners up would be: NCIS, Once Upon a Time, The X Files, Veronica Mars and Orange is the New Black.
Your favourite film you watched this year?
Your favourite book read this year?
Your favourite album or song to listen to this year?
Pitch Perfect OST
Stronger Than Me (Nashville)
No One's Gonna Love You (Band of Horses)
Some Nights (Fun)
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Fall Out Boy)
If I Die Young (Glee)
Your favourite tv show of the year?
Shows that actually aired this year: Orange is the New Black, Elementary, Scandal, Castle, Sleepy Hollow.
Shows that I watched this year: The X Files, Parenthood, Cougar Town, Veronica Mars, House of Lies.
Your best new fandom discovery of the year?
Veronica Mars!! Sleepy Hollow!! Orange is the New Black!!
Your biggest fandom disappointment of the year?
Agents of Shield. I was so excited for that show :( Also NCIS.
Your fandom boyfriend of the year?
Nick Miller, Richard Castle, Fox Mulder.
Your fandom girlfriend of the year?
Regina Mills, Kate Beckett, Veronica Mars, Ziva David, Abbie Mills, Alicia Florrick, Dana Scully, Emma Swan, Julia Stiles, Mellie Grant. (Well that got a little out of hand, oops.)
Your biggest squee moment of the year?
CASTLE AND BECKETT GOT ENGAGED AND NOW THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THEIR WEDDING AND THEIR FUTURE CHILDREN LIKE IT'S NOTHING BUT IT IS EVERYTHING.
The most missed of your old fandoms?
I rewatched all of Lie To Me which gave me a lot of feelings.
The fandom you haven't tried yet, but want to?
There's not a lot of shows I want to see, but haven't yet. Most of the ones that were on my list, I got through this year.
Your biggest fan anticipations for the coming year?
I NEED ONCE UPON A TIME BACK NOW, MY BAAABIES :''( I'm also really looking forward to the last few HIMYM episodes, but at the same time I don't want it to leave me.
[end of year survey]End of Year Survey
1. Where did you begin 2013?
At home with my mum and grandma.
2. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
I don't know.
3. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Write more. Actually publish something that I write rather than keeping it to myself. Attend more of my lectures.
- Do all the reading for my lectures.
- Loose weight.
Be more organised.
4. Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Not school, no. But university.
5. Did anyone close to you give birth?
6. Any new additions to your family?
7. Did anyone close to you die?
8. Did you know anybody who got married?
A few friends from school, but no one I was very close to.
9. What countries did you visit?
France + Wales.
10. How did you earn your money?
Working at the tea bar in the hospital.
11. Where did most of your money go?
It was probably on rent. Then things like graduation, the trip to Paris, Christmas presents.
12. Did you have any encounters with the police?
13. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A full time job.
14. What date(s) from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None in particular. Except maybe my birthday.
15. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
16. What was your biggest failure?
I was a little disappointed with my final grade from univeristy.
17. Did you suffer illness or injury?
18. Where did you go on holidays/vacation?
19. What was the best thing you bought?
I can't think of anything.
20. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mum, who has been super lovely all year, like always.
21. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
22. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My birthday, Veronica Mars, the last ET convention, seeing Lady Gaga, Christmas.
23. Did you move anywhere?
24. Where do you live now?
In a flat with my mum.
25. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Brave - Sara Barellis
26. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.
27. What do you wish you'd done more of?
28. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying. Arguing. Crying.
29. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent this Christmas with my mum and grandma.
30. What do you want for Christmas?
I wanted some baking equipment and some dvd's.
31. Where are you spending New Year's? and with who?
I'm staying home with my mum and brother.
32. Did you fall in love in 2013?
With fictional characters only.
33. How many one-night stands?
34. What was your favorite TV program?
Castle, The X Files, The Good Wife, Cougar Town, Veronica Mars, Orange is the New Black.
35. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yes. Someone who I thought was a friend.
36. What was the best book you read?
37. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Civil Wars.
38. What did you want and get?
A job. Well, sort of. It's temporary, but it's something at least.
39. What was your favorite film of this year?
40. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 21. The weekend before my birthday, I was at the ET convention, and my friends threw me a little surprise party - with cake, balloons and presents. It was really lovely. Then I had a party at university with my friends, with more cake and twenty-one shots, haha. On my actual birthday, I went to see Wicked in London with my family and it was a great day.
41. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I'd gotten a job, I would have been so much happier.
42. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
I wear a lot of layers, because it's really cold.
43. What kept you sane?
44. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Stana Katic. Or Jennifer Lawrence.
45. What concerts/shows did you go to?
The Capital Jingle Bell Ball was the only one I went to.
46. Did you see any live sporting events?
47. What political issue stirred you the most?
The fact that they're trying to change the terms of the student loan repayment (and they didn't even make it all that public, I didn't know until the protest was happening.)
48. What has been your favorite moment?
There have been a lot of good moments. But graduating from university was probably the best moment.
49. What was your best month?
50. Who was the best new person you met?
I haven't really met anyone new. I mean, I've met new people, of course, but no one I've become really close with or who has had a big impact on my life.
51. Who did you miss?
I've really missed my friends from university since I've been home. I don't hear from them as much as I'd thought.
52. Overall, how would you rate this year from 1-10?
It started at maybe a six. But the summer was more like a four. Now it's a seven, I guess.
53. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
It's so important to tell people how much they mean to you. I've been trying to do that a lot more recently.
54. What's something you learned about yourself?
I'm not as bad in social situations as I think. I manage to talk to people okay, while I'm at work, I've managed to have a lot of conversations with people over the phone and I'm getting better at talking to strangers too.