HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!
or happy new year depending on where you are in the world!!
This has been a really great year, and I'm actually a little sad to see it go. But here's hoping that 2015 will be even better! I hope the new year brings all of you the most wonderful things, because you deserve it <333
Now onto, my favourite part, the stats!855 episodes of television.
5 books.Most played song:
Taylor Swift - Blank SpaceMost played artist:
Sam SmithMost played band:
OneRepublicMost watched shows:[i watched 50 different shows this year. that"s 6 more than last year.]
- Charmed (67 episodes)
- Arrow (55 episodes)
- Gilmore Girls (35 episodes)
- The Blacklist (30 episodes)
- Castle (28 episodes)
- Orange is the New Black (27 episodes)
- Modern Family (25 episodes)
- Chicago PD (24 episodes)
- New Girl (24 episodes)
- Criminal Minds (23 episodes)
- Chicago Fire (22 episodes)
- Nashville (22 episodes)
- Once Upon A Time (22 episodes)
- The Fosters (22 episodes)
- The Good Wife (22 episodes)
- Elementary (21 episodes)
- Parenthood (21 episodes)
- Unforgettable (21 episodes)
- Grey's Anatomy (20 episodes)
- Faking It (18 episodes)
- Scandal (17 episodes)
- Girl Meets World (16 episodes)
- Rizzoli and Isles (16 episodes)
- Cougar Town (14 episodes)
- House of Lies (14 episodes)
- Agents of Shield (13 episodes)
- Community (13 episodes)
- Doctor Who (13 episodes)
- Hannibal (13 episodes)
- Intelligence (13 episodes)
- Parks and Recreation (13 episodes)
- Masters of Sex (12 episodes)
- Raising Hope (12 episodes)
- Sleepy Hollow (12 episodes)
- The Affair (12 episodes)
- How I Met Your Mother (11 episodes)
- Brooklyn Nine Nine (10 episodes)
- Crisis (10 episodes)
- Orphan Black (10 episodes)
- A to Z (9 episodse)
- Bad Judge (9 episodes)
- Downton Abbey (9 episodes)
- How to Get Away With Murder (9 episodes)
- The Flash (9 episodes)
- The Fall (6 episodes)
- Gotham (5 episodes)
- Sherlock (2 episodes)
- The X Files (2 episodes)
- Miranda (1 episode)
- Suits (1 episode)
+ last years statsGoals and Resolutions for 2015:
- 3 of my top 10 watch shows are new to me this year; Arrow, The Blacklist and Chicago PD.
- I started watching 14 new shows in 2014.
- Castle, New Girl and Modern Family are the only shows that were in my ten most watched shows in 2013 and 2014.
- Watch 750 episodes of TV
- Watch 100 films
- Read 10 books
I'm keeping my television goal the same as last year, but my film goal is higher. I actually struggled to reach my film goal, this year, for the first time, but thanks to all the fabulous movies on this Christmas, I got there. Still, I want to watch more next year.
My book goal is lower than last year, and much lower than the year before, but still double what I managed to read this year. (It's not that I don't read, it's just that I read fanfiction instead of actual books).
[2014 IN REVIEW]
- Get a job; I'd love to keep making and selling my jewellery online, and make enough money to live on, but I don't think that's a realistic goal for me in 2015. So I'd love to get a job, maybe something part time again, which lets me keep working on my shop.
- Lose weight; I want to drop at least one dress size, but preferably two or three.
- Reach 750 sales at ThePlanetsBend; Right now, 750 sales seems astronomical, but since opening in August, I've made 130 sales. And that's so much more than I expected to sell. My goal for the year was 50 sales, and I've clearly surpassed that, so hopefully, 750 will be possible too!
- Make more of an effort to stay in touch with friends, online and IRL.
- Make, at least one, new good friend.
1. Where did you begin 2014?
At home with my mum and my brother.
2. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
I STARTED A BUISNESS.
3. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last Years Resolutions:
Two out of three isn't bad, I guess? I also wanted to lose weight which I haven't done, and get a job, which I haven't done. So I guess it's more like two out of five... which is less good.
Watch 750 episodes of TV Watch 75 films
- Read 15 books
This Years Resolutions:
4. Were you in school (anytime this year)?
- Watch 750 episodes of TV
- Watch 100 films
- Read 10 books
For the first time since 1996, no, I wasn't :D
5. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A few people I went to school with, but nobody I'm still close with.
6. Any new additions to your family?
Not unless you count Bean :)
7. Did anyone close to you die?
8. Did you know anybody who got married?
9. What countries did you visit?
10. How did you earn your money?
Working at the Tea Bar, and selling my jewellery online.
11. Where did most of your money go?
12. Did you have any encounters with the police?
13. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
14. What date(s) from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I got Bean on the 9th March. I opened my Etsy shop on the 26th August.
15. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
STARTING A BUISNESS.
16. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting another job after the Tea Bar.
17. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious. A couple of colds, lots of migranes and that one fainting spelll.
18. Where did you go on holidays/vacation?
I didn't take a vacation this year. The closest I got was a weekend away in York with some friends for Katie's birthday.
19. What was the best thing you bought?
BEAN. Also buying a new laptop was a great investment, even if it meant my bank balance looked a little miserable.
20. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mum's. She's always amazing, but this year she's been super supportive of me starting my buisness and she's gone out of her way to help me with anything I needed.
21. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My dad's. And that of a few of my friends.
22. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
LFCC! Also getting Bean, and my birthday trip to London :D
23. Did you move anywhere?
24. Where do you live now?
In a flat in Beaconsfield.
25. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Anything from Taylor Swift's 1989 album, tbh.
26. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? poorer.
27. What do you wish you'd done more of?
28. What do you wish you'd done less of?
29. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my mum, her partner, my grandma and my brother. It was one of the best Christmases I've had in a long time.
30. What do you want for Christmas?
It's already over, but I got so many great gifts.
31. Where are you spending New Year's? and with who?
I don't have any plans, so I expect I'll be at home with my family again.
32. Did you fall in love in 2014?
33. How many one-night stands?
34. What was your favorite TV program?
Castle. Although, Arrow is a very close second right now.
35. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
36. What was the best book you read?
I haven't read a lot. I adored the Veronica Mars book, though, The Million Dollar Tan Line.
37. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Sam Smith. I am so very in love with all of his music.
38. What did you want and get?
A new laptop!
39. What was your favorite film of this year?
There were so many great films! My favourite was probably either Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier or Gaurdians of the Galaxy.
40. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
22. I spent my birthday with my family and we went out for lunch. The next day, some friends took me up to London and we went to Forbidden Planet, Covent Garden and then to see We Will Rock You.
41. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting another job after my placement at the Tea Bar ended. That would have meant more money too, which would have been great.
42. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
I wore a lot of layers and flannel shirts. Bobble hats have been a thing for me in the last few months, too.
43. What kept you sane?
Television, the internet, Bex and my mum.
44. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Stana Katic, Stephen Amell, Gillian Anderson.
45. What concerts/shows did you go to?
McBusted and We Will Rock You.
46. Did you see any live sporting events?
Nope. I looked at going to Wimbledon, though.
47. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't get into politics, really but the Michael Brown shooting was a pretty big deal. (Online at least, I actually only saw Fergueson mentioned on the news once over here.
48. What has been your favorite moment?
Getting Bean :') He's been so good for me this year.
49. What was your best month?
November or December.
50. Who was the best new person you met?
Charlotte, who I'd met once a few years ago, but this year I really got to know her and she's so lovely. Same goes for Shib, I knew her before this year, but this year we became good friends :)
51. Who did you miss?
Kat. And Amy.
52. Overall, how would you rate this year from 1-10?
53. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014:
Don't make people a priority if they aren't willing to do the same for me.
54. What's something you learned about yourself?
I should have more faith in myself, because I'm better at doing things than I think.
55. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"People like you always want back the love they gave away
And people like me wanna believe you when you say you've changed
The more I think about it now the less I know
All I know is that you drove us off the road."